linux poison RSS
linux poison Email

BSD - True Friend of Linus Torvalds


Linus Torvalds is often famous for his outrageous statements. One of those famous statements was made yesterday, that will probably go down in history as one of the funniest quotes ever made by Linus.




You can read his comment in context with the rest of his post here.

I just want to say this in record that I have nothing against BSD, but this is one of those comments that needs to be mentioned, regardless of your feelings towards the subject.

Here are some other outrageous comments Linus has made in the past:

“My name is Linus, and I am your God.”
Linus’ law (nr 76 of 271):
“Don’t claim to have a config option, if you don’t actually have the UI
to change it” (
source)
“I have an ego the size of a small planet”
“An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs would never make a good program.”
“Really, I’m not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.”

His quotes are popular enough to have their own wikiqoute section.
So what do you guys think of the new BSD logo? (fanboys can relax, it’s just a harmless phun)

Note: If anyone has any objection to the picture above, please let me know, I will remove it.

Source : http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/07/16/new-logo-for-bsd/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails